Vaillant Family Blog

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Househunting!

A few weeks ago I traveled to MD to go househunting. We decided Eric would stay home with Hayden to makes things easier. A friend of mine had recommended a real estate agent and I had been working with her a few weeks prior looking at homes online. We looked at homes mostly in Columbia, Glen Burnie, Odenton, and surrounding areas. Me and my mom saw close to 30 homes in 2 days! By the time I left I had it narrowed down to a top 3. I was excited to get home and discuss everything with Eric. We wanted to place an offer right away since we wanted to move in on June 1st. We weighed all the pro's and con's of each house and decided on a townhouse in Hanover. This house had all the things we wanted....4 bedrooms to expand our family, a fenced yard for Georgia, and the shortest distance to Union Memorial where Eric will be working most of the time. Its really close to a lot of nice areas and the Arundel Mills mall is right across the highway which could be a negative for Eric. :) We placed an offer on the home the next week and our first offer was accepted. We were so excited that things happened so quickly. We are now in the middle of home inspections and then we will pretty much be done. Our settlement and move in date is set for June 1st so we are counting down the days!

2 comments:

Toby and Rebecca said...

how exciting! I guess you'll have to focus on filling up those extra bedrooms! :) Congratulations!

Karen said...

Awesome, we're so glad that you found a place that quickly!