Vaillant Family Blog

Monday, May 20, 2013

Major Vaillant

Today Eric was officially promoted from Captain to Major in the U.S. Air Force.  Because he is currently working at a civilian location there was no formal promotion ceremony planned.  Eric said it was not a big deal but I felt he should be recognized for his hard work and dedication to our country and to our family.  I was able to find an outline for an Air Force promotion pin-on ceremony on-line so I edited it to include me and the boys.  Lincoln was the Presiding Officer, Administering the Oath was Hayden Vaillant, and I of course was wife and Commanding Officer.  :)  Hayden was very patient as I read the introduction and attention to orders.  Daddy showed him how to stand tall.  He then "pinned" the major symbol on Eric's shoulder.  Hayden then repeated the Oath of Office with Eric with right hand raised.  I was all choked up but got through the ceremony.  Eric was very surprised and appreciative of our little ceremony.  I was trying to capture photos as I went so here are a few.....
So proud of daddy
Major Pin On
Oath of Office
My hero
My man!  Too bad not in uniform.  :)
Hayden captured the last two photos.  We had to do duck faces with Lincoln.  :)

No comments: