Vaillant Family Blog

Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Date Day - Kamakura Great Buddha and Shrines

Two weekends ago Eric and I planned a day trip through ITT to see the Great Buddha and Shrines.  We decided to do the trip as a way to celebrate the news that Eric passed his medical boards.  After 9 weeks of waiting he finally got an e-mail in late September....not that I was worried but I think it was a huge relief for him.  We found a great sitter for the boys so we were off for the day to sight see, shop, and relax. Here are some pics from our date day!  Eric took over the camera for the day and took a photo of every area we saw so I included a slideshow at the end for anyone interested in seeing more detailed photos of the shrines.  :) 
The Great Buddha of Kamakura
Big Buddha is 38ft tall, almost 44ft with the base, and is the second tallest bronze Buddha statue in Japan.
Entrance to the Buddha Shrine - it rained most of the morning but at least it was not cold
My little tourist at the base of the Hase Temple
The gardens and ponds were beautiful
Touring Tsurugaoka Sachimangu Shrine
These little foxes wore red aprons
The shrine in the distance - this shrine was close to the shopping and restaurants
It stopped raining for shopping!!  I definitely want to go back for more.
E on Komachi Street.


Kamakura Great Buddha and Shrines

No comments: