We headed off base early Saturday, July 1st to check out a spot called the seven waterfalls. We then stopped at an onsen (Japanese hot spring) called Amagisou with a beautiful waterfall view. We relaxed there for about 2 hours. Most of that time we had the whole place to ourselves. It was our first onsen experience and I'd say it will be hard to top!
| The boys in front of the waterfall |
| A & E |
| Checking out the hot spring. The water was really warm. |
| Me and the boys |
| Ahhhh |
| The big boys climbed out on the rocks closer to the waterfall |
| The boys checking out the views |
| Hayden on a cliff |
| This kid could not be any cuter! |
| Contemplating life |
| Don't fall! |
| It was a little stressful watching the boys climb on the high rocks |
| Our hotel....Pension Surf Rider. Our room had one full bed and two single beds. There was hardly any room to move about the room but it was in a great location. They had a great breakfast too! |
| Sunset family bath. |
There were many nice beaches within a couple of miles. We settled on Kisami Beach. The boys had a blast. We borrowed a boogie board from a neighbor and Hayden caught lots of waves. I enjoyed sitting on the shore watching Linc play in the sand while the big boys swam and jumped waves.
From the beach we drove to our next hotel in Hakone. It ended up being a 3 hour drive to get to Hakone Hotel Kawakien because of traffic but the boys had a good snooze on the way. We really enjoyed this hotel and the area. We stayed two nights in this Japanese style hotel. We had 4 single beds which worked out great.
| The boys in Japanese Yukatas |
| Exploring the hotel grounds |
| There was a Family Mart (like a 7-11 with better food) right next to the hotel so we picked up easy dinners both nights. The boys have a new love for chicken on a stick (Yakitori). |
| Wine bath |
| Don't drink the water! |
| Coffee bath |
| Pearl bath |
| Linc was just short of being able to go down the big slide. He had fun on the little one instead. |
| Bo sliding down the mountain |
| Daddy! |
| Mommy! |
| So refreshing! |
| Green Tea bath |
| How do I get talked into these things? |
| Dr. Fish 2017 |
| Big Tori Gate Photo opp |
On our last day we visited a beautiful Open Air Museum. The views were amazing and the art was pretty cool too. There were some unique structures the boys could play in and they enjoyed exploring the grounds. We spent a few hours here before heading home.
| Family foot bath |
| The mosaic tower was my favorite part |
| Shopping and lunch in Kamakura |
| Enjoying a drink by the beach |
We didn't stay out too late as we had a big day the next day. Eric talked me into doing a Canyoning trip that happened to fall on my birthday weekend. I thought I might die at 39 but I made it through. I would probably never do it again, but I'm glad I was able to hang with my fearless husband....well sort of. I got caught up in a waterfall current, had to be pulled out, and then pushed through said waterfall. It all happened so quick I could hardly catch my breath and ended up hyperventilating on a rock while everyone else jumped off the rocks. I might have hated Eric in this moment....
The rest of our July was spent in Hawaii. Blog coming soon....
No comments:
Post a Comment