Friday was the last day of Eric's 2nd year of residency. I would say 2nd year was a little tougher than intern year so I am glad its over. Eric takes it all in stride and pretty much keeps a positive attitude through the schedule changes, hard work, and lack of sleep. I really don't know how he does it sometimes and he is truly my hero. :) Four more years until he is the one graduating!
Eric had a busy day Friday, golfing in the morning with the other residents and then he rushed out to meet me for my 19 week ultrasound. That evening we went to a graduation dinner in Baltimore at the Frederick Douglas Maritime Museum. The dinner was very nice and Eric had the job of roasting one of his chiefs that was graduating. There were lots of laughs and I was able to meet many of the people Eric spends his days (and some nights) with. On Saturday, the Chiefs hosted a family cookout in Arnold at a really nice park on the water. We were able to go for a couple hours and Hayden enjoyed playing by the water. Eric starts a 6 month rotation at Johns Hopkins on Monday. It is supposed to be pretty grueling and I've received lots of warnings from his co-workers and spouses so please keep him in your prayers. Luckily he'll be finishing up soon after the baby is born! Here are a couple of pics from the weekend.
 |
| A night out! Thanks Grammy & Pops for staying with Hayden! |
 |
| Funny Guy |
 |
| E & A |
 |
| So happy my daddy has off all weekend! |
No comments:
Post a Comment