Vaillant Family Blog

Monday, July 23, 2012

Camp Vaillant

The first week of July my 8 year old nephew, Ryan, came to stay with us for a week.  My sister and I had planned his trip in advance so I was able to plan lots of fun things for the boys to do while he was here.  Eric was off the weekend we picked him up and also had most of the day off for July 4th so he was able to do some fun stuff with us as well.  Ryan is a great big cousin to Hayden and was very patient with him all week.  Hayden loved having Ryan stay with us and was up early every morning excited to see what we were going to do next.  Here are some pics I took to document our week...

We kicked off the week at the pool....it was the hottest week of the summer so we were at the pool almost everyday.

On Sunday we took the boys on an Urban Pirate Adventure at the Baltimore, Inner Harbor.  Aaargh!

On Monday morning I took the boys to the Baltimore Aquarium.  The dolphins and sharks were a hit!

Ryan requested we go to Pump it Up where we had Hayden's 3rd birthday.  On Monday and Thursday afternoon we were able to go their family jump time.  They went wild on the slides!

On Tuesday we went duckpin bowling.  Towards the end of the week I asked Ryan what his favorite thing we did was and he said bowling.  I took them back for a quick game on Friday morning since he enjoyed it so much!  :)
On Tuesday afternoon we met up with my friend Katie and her 3 boys for a pool playdate.  She also has an 8 year old so they all had fun playing together.

On Wednesday morning, July 4th, I made festive waffles for breakfast.

The boys also did a holiday craft decorating red and blue buckets to put their sparklers in.
Once Uncle Eric got home we headed to the pool for some fun in the sun and ice pops!

That afternoon we went to the movies to see Brave in 3D.  It was the first movie Hayden made it all the way through in the theater. 

Ryan helped me make some July 4th cupcakes and strawberries.  Yum!

Sparklers!




We tried to beat the heat early Thursday morning with a visit to the park and farm.  It didn't last long as it was just too hot for all of us. 

Hanging out at Bass Pro in the mall

Playing at Dave & Buster's.  Ryan can't beat his Aunt Angie!  :)

Out to dinner on our last night of Camp Vaillant.  It was a great week!

No comments: