Vaillant Family Blog

Saturday, November 30, 2013

Thanksgiving 2013

On November 1st we started a Thanksgiving Tree for Hayden.  Each day we asked him what he was thankful for and he taped a leaf to his tree.  His first few leaves were for his friends, his school and for church which made us very happy.  It took a while for him to be thankful for mommy (even the dog beat me out) but I was thankful that he finally thought of me.  :)  Here is a pic of his completed tree.


We spent Thanksgiving Day this year at my mom and dads.  It was a team effort as far as cooking the meal and everyone helped out in some way.  We had a very nice and delicious dinner!  Lincoln had his first piece of turkey and enjoyed lots of new foods.  All the kids had fun playing outside despite the cold and were wore out by the end of the day.  I captured this picture as we were all sitting down to dinner.  Hayden's last thankful leaf was "I am grateful for all my family" and I think that says it all! 

No comments: